Boy Scouts of America National Council Announces
Registration Fee $24 Effective January 1, 2014
The National Executive Committee has approved a registration fee of $24 annually starting January 1, 2014. This fee impacts all units re-chartering this fall for the 2014 membership year and will impact any units collecting fees for new Scouts and leaders who join this fall.
This impacts all units in the Greater Western Reserve Council.
Here's what you should know to be prepared.
- The new $24 national registration fee will be effective January 1, 2014 for all Scouts and Adults registering. All units should adjust their annual budgets accordingly.
- The new registration fee will be collected for all Scouts and Adults in units re-chartering fall.
- This change does not affect the annual accident and sickness insurance premium of $1 per registered member.
- No change to the Boys' Life subscription fee ($12) has been announced at this time.
- The Unit Liability Insurance fee will remain the same at $40 per unit annually.
- The Greater Western Reserve Council passes 100% of the national registration fee to the National Council, Boy Scouts of America. No registration dollars remain local.
We wanted to share this news as soon as we received it so you can plan adjustments to your unit budgets accordingly. As additional information becomes available it will be posted on the council website.
Make it a Great Day for Scouting! Jason Wolf Scout Executive / CEO